The College of Science and Health Professions at King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences is designed to equip high school graduates with the educational tools necessary for pursuing professional studies in health science colleges. It provides students with the language skills essential for studying and communicating in an English language medium. It is designed to move the students from high school didactic and passive learning to university student-centered education. This college also introduces students to the basic concepts of general and health sciences necessary for higher level education in the health sciences colleges.
The students come from a high school educational system which encourages passive rote learning and offers minimal practical training. These students have become accustomed to a rigid educational approach highly reliant on condensed instructional materials and abstract handouts.
Our mission is to prepare selected high school graduates for university studies in health sciences colleges by providing them with the necessary language skills and a solid foundation in basic sciences.
The aim of the university is to attract top high school graduates and prepare them for high level education in health sciences. To achieve this, the university hires high caliber faculty who play a crucial role in implementing the program, which will hopefully emulate the best programs in the region and the world.
The goal of this program is to help students make a smooth academic transition from high school to university studies.
By the end of the Pre-Professional Program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of oral communication, reading and writing skills sufficient for undergraduate studies in an English medium.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of inorganic and organic chemistry and biochemistry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of biology and microbiology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic concepts of physics applicable to health sciences.
- Apply the bio-statistical skills necessary for health science studies.
- Understand the psychosocial aspects of health sciences.
- Recognize the essential concepts of human anatomy and histology.
- Analyze and correlate the functions and physiology of body systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of essential concepts of pathophysiology of human diseases.