Library Mission, Vision & Values
The College of Science and Health Professions, KSAU-HS is committed to excellence and innovation in undergraduate and graduate teaching, service, research and other scholarly activities. The Library supports this commitment by:
- Providing high-quality services that meet and exceed the expectations of a diverse user community.
- Using technology innovatively for the flexible delivery of services and resources to users regardless of location.
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources.
- Providing the physical facilities and the technical infrastructure that enhances the learning and research environment.
- Collaborating with other University libraries and community partners.
The library is committed to providing users with the tools required for independent critical thinking and life-long learning.
The Library will strive for excellence to support & promote learning, teaching and research by the COP scientific community and join accountancy to mission of the University by:
- Providing a student-centered learning environment that delivers information and services to its users where and when they need it.
- Promoting creative and critical thinking through information literacy.
- Developing and maintaining collections in support of the academic pursuits of the University.
- Establishing itself as a leader in information management.
- Fostering a work-place culture where library staff are valued for their knowledge and contributions and are both forward-looking and responsible to the University's needs in the rapidly changing information environment.
In all of our interactions, we are guided by these values:
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We celebrate truth seeking through discourse and investigation.
- We promote the Library as both a real and virtual extended classroom.
- We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- We offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- We believe that each Library User is unique and important.
- We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- We commit ourselves to excellence.
- We seek out the best people and resources to accomplish our work.
- We support individual growth and organizational development.
- We work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice and equality in our work.
- We promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
- We demonstrate a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for our actions, keeping our word, and following through on our commitments.
- We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
- We encourage differences in perspective, opinions and ideas.
- We consider the needs of others.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
- We recognize the importance of Library-wide participation.
- We reach out to all segments of our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success of the Library.